This stunningly beautiful bay at the start of the Garden Route but off the main routes offers a range of leisure activities. Suntan on our golden beach, body surf, catch your own fish, beach comb on your own or with a guide along a section of the famous Oystercatcher Trail.
Tennis, squash, gym, bikes etc at our own private leisure centre
Whale watching from the shore in our mild winter months. Big 5 Game Parks nearby
Please visit www.boggomsbaai.co.za for more information on the area.
The Oystercatcher Coastal Hiking Trail is a fabulous eco-adventure. Rated as one of the top slack packing trails in the world. We can provide guides for you to take you on short walks with beach lunches. You return to your own cottage after an awesome half or full days walk. Marvel at how the African Black Oystercatcher survives. Eat wild oysters straight from the sea.
Other nearby local attractions include:
- Point of Human Origin tours - travel back 162,000 years at the Pinnacle Point caves.
- A Trip around Seal Island by catamaran - home to approximately 3000 Cape Fur seals
- Boat or shore whale watching opportunities
- Game Reserves - Enjoy a game drive at one of the local game parks and experience the Big Five up close in a malaria-free area. All within a 20 minute drive.
- Sip a wine, guzzle a pizza or eat fresh fish at the superb local restaurants in nearby Mossel Bay at the famous Point or at the harbor wall
The nearby town of Mossel Bay also offers the Maritime Museum, Cultural Museum, the Aquarium and the Ethno botanical Garden. Watch artists at work at the Crafts Art Workshop, or go on a “Meet the people” Tour. Ride the Choo Choo to George.
A fascinating trip inland is to visit Oudtshoorn and ride an ostrich or visit the famous Cango Caves and cheetah ranch.
Wine and Port tasting at Calitzdorp is only 2 hours away from Boggomsbaai